Who we are
The purpose of this policy is to explain how Easy Online Accounting Limited(“EOACC”) collects, protects, and uses personal data to enable us to provide a high quality of service that would be expected from a company that holds and store sensitive data about their client’s. Data protection and privacy laws of the European Union (EU), EU Member States, require EOACC to provide you with certain information applicable to its collection of your personal data. EOACC is committed to ensuring that any personal data supplied by its customers or otherwise generated by its business activities is collected and processed fairly and lawfully
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
The information we collect via the Website may include.
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number etc.
- In order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions it may be necessary for the bank or card processing agency to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Using you personal data
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
- To process your order, to provide after sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service);
- In certain cases we may use your email address to send you information on our other products and services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out before completing your purchase.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
International data transfer
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
Security of your data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure password- and firewall- protected servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Policy Updates: As part of EOACC commitment to compliance with data privacy requirements, and to reflect changes in its operating procedures, EOACC may update the terms of this policy from time to time.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you. In order to receive such information please send your contact details including address and payment of £10 to cover administration expenses to the following address:
Easy Online Accounting
London, SW19 1QT