The UK and the US state of Washington…
The UK government have published details of the Online Safety Bill.
The Online Safety Bill is a new set of laws to protect children and adults online. It will make social media companies more responsible for their users’ safety on their platforms.
- A guide to the Online Safety Bill;
- How the online safety bill will protect children;
- How the online safety bill will protect adults;
- Types of content that will be tackled;
- How underage children will be kept off social media platforms;
- How adults will have more control over the content they see;
- How the Bill will tackle repeat offenders;
- How the Bill will be enforced;
- How these UK laws impact international companies; and
- The next steps for the Bill.