On 22 November 2023, Chancellor Jeremy Hunt presented…
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £1 million in collaborative innovation projects with an artificial intelligence (AI) focus, that aim to benefit the wider UK music sector. This funding is part of Innovate UK’s Creative Catalyst.
- support the growth of the UK music industry;
- utilise artificial intelligence or enable the use of AI;
- demonstrate a clearly innovative and ambitious idea;
- respond to the changing market conditions and challenges in the global music industry;
- be market ready within 12 months of receiving support; and
- demonstrate value for money.
To be eligible, applicants must collaborate with industry stakeholders to unlock the full potential of AI applications across the value chain, supporting and uplifting the music industry, and driving long term creative and commercial success.
Collaborators can be international but organisations outside of the UK cannot be funded. Industry stakeholders can also be from within the music industry or from an industry that will benefit the UK music sector.
Innovate UK is interested in proposals across the whole music industry including live, recorded and publishing. Applications which partner with organisations within the traditional music industry supply chain (for example, music labels and music venues) are encouraged.
The deadline for applications is 11am on Wednesday 22 November 2023.