On 22 November 2023, Chancellor Jeremy Hunt presented…
Innovate UK is looking for UK-based innovators from underrepresented groups or who have struggled to access funding in the past and who would want to fast-track their agri-food innovation ideas.
This opportunity is open to people who identify with a community considered underrepresented by Innovate UK in the innovation ecosystem. This includes:
- disabled, including, and not limited to mental health conditions, learning disabilities, neurodiversity, and physical disabilities;
- ethnic minority groups;
- non-binary and all marginalised genders;
- people with primary caring responsibilities;
- people from low socioeconomic backgrounds;
- people from non-traditional educational routes into innovation;
- women; and
- younger (aged 18-30) and older (aged 60+) people.
A cohort of up to ten participants will be selected to take part in six training sessions. Some sessions will run in person and online, and others online only, so everyone can access them.
The training sessions will help you:
- understand the agri-food innovation sector better;
- learn how to get support when applying for funding through Innovate UK and beyond;
- improve your access to partners and markets; and
- expand your business.
Each session will be facilitated by a member of the Innovate UK Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN) agri-food team, and/or a member of the Innovate UK Transforming Food Production team.
Some topics covered during the training sessions will be tailored to the needs of the cohort. The programme will be finalised when participants have been selected.
The deadline for applications is 24 November 2023.