Personal Tax / Self-Assessment
Keeping record, getting tax advice and submitting your personal tax return has never been this easy!
We have developed a tool to specifically help you complete your personal tax returns, easily, quickly and accurately – Tax Dashboard
Some of the many advantages of using our online tool – Tax Dashboard:
- Get a fixed fee quote before you do anything by completing the simple quote section
- Takes you step by step through the process of what information we need
- Provides helps and support throughout the process.
- Will advise and guide you about which expenses you can and can’t claim
- Detailed explanations with examples to help you understand complex tax system
- Unlimited telephone and email support to help you though the process
- Receive automated email reminders about when what is due and where you are in the process
Once you have uploaded all the information, a qualified accountant will review and provide you with a draft calculation to discuss and answer any questions you may have before we submit the self-assessment tax return
Your information will be reviewed by qualified accountant, to make sure information is correct and talk you through tax calculation before submitting the return.
We can also help with the following:
- Acting as your agent, to submit your personal tax return on your behalf and deal with HMRC on your behalf.
- Register you for Self-assessment (To apply for a Unique tax reference number).
- Register you for non-resident landlord scheme (if you own property in the UK, but you are not tax resident in the UK).
Our team dealing specifically with overseas landlords can help and assist you with the following:
- Ensuring you receive rent gross of tax, so meaning no tax deducted by estate agents.
- Assisting you with your compliance obligations by registering you with HMRC for the non-resident landlord scheme.
- Improving your cash flow by ensuring tax is not deducted by your lettings agent;
- Preparing and submitting your personal tax return to HMRC accurately and on time;
- Establishing your tax liability while ensuring you are claiming all allowable property rental expenses
- Advising and helping you understand the difference between capital vs rental expenses
- Guiding and advising on your UK tax position when you buy or sell UK properties
Everyone needs tax planning, whether you’re doing it yourself or using a tax advisor
This is probably the work that we enjoy most doing for clients.
There is nothing more satisfying that help clients save £1000’s in taxes by structuring their income more tax efficiently.
We all have to pay our taxes but within the legal framework there are numerous ways of saving tax and making sure you do not pay a penny more than is absolutely necessary.
We have extensive experience in this area we continuously look out for clients on ways we can help them pay themselves more tax efficiently.
We can help with all the following:
- Business tax
- Personal tax
- Capital Gains
- VAT planning
- Profit extraction strategies and options
- Business Exit strategies
- Research and development claims
- What expenses you can and can’t deduct
- Claiming relevant capital allowances. e.g Annual investment allowance
- best corporate structure for your business, based on your personal circumstances.
- Claim Business Asset Disposal Relief when you sell or close your business
We don’t take the approach of one solution fits all, we take the time to make sure we understand your specific business strategy to work out and determine the best structure profit extraction strategy for you
Received a HMRC tax enquiry?
HMRC tax enquiries and investigations can be very stressful and expensive to carry out and it is vital that you get expert advice in dealing with theses.
Anyone can be subject to a tax enquiry or investigation. With continued confusion as to what constitutes acceptable tax planning and what constitutes tax avoidance or evasion, HMRC have further increased the volume of their investigations and are taking full advantage of their considerable power to collect as much tax as possible. As a tax payer, you may be targeted with an enquiry into historical VAT, PAYE, corporation tax and personal tax
We can help you with the following:
- Self-assessment enquiries
- VAT enquiries
- Corporation tax enquiries
- PAYE enquiries
We can also offer tax investigation insurance, which means should you get an enquiry,
We cannot prevent you from being investigated by the Taxman, but we can help to ensure that you get the best possible support and advice.
Between our London and Cape Town office, we can help you bridge the gap
Our office in Cape Town can look after all our clients living in South Africa and can also assist our UK or non-resident clients with:
- Submitting personal tax returns for South Africans living abroad
- Provide tax advice for South Africans working and living abroad
- Provide tax advice for South Africans providing products and services from South African to companies and clients abroad