Last week, new statistics from the Department of Transport (DfT)…
The UK Government has published guidance for employers on how to measure, report on and address any ethnicity pay differences within their workforce.
Ethnicity pay reporting is one of the tools employers can use to build transparency and trust among their employees.
The guidance includes advice on:
- collecting ethnicity pay data for employees;
- how to consider data issues such as confidentiality, aggregating ethnic groups and the location of employees;
- the recommended calculations and step by step instructions on how to do them;
- reporting the findings;
- further analysis that may be needed to understand the underlying causes of any disparities; and
- the importance of taking an evidence-based approach towards actions.